Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I fall in love with a 06 G6 GTP Black Sedan... This beauty is the cats meow compared to my 99 SiR or Si for those of you from the USA..

I am a huge Ipod I have 100000000 of songs on my Ipod and very rarely leave home with out it. I pick up my car on Friday night and off to the stereo shop on Saturday morning to get Axxess installed... Guess what it don't work... Maybe its the unit so the guy sends it back.. We get another one Guess what it don't work.. I have a single disc Monsoon System what are we doing wrong What is this about XM ready or Capable? We would hit the band button with the unit installed and Ipod touch hooked up and it would just go from fm1 fm2 AM ?

Any idea's folks?

·
Registered
8 Posts
08' Item # or Part #

I am trying to track down a 2008 Monsoon 6-Disc with AUX imput but can't seem to figure out the part number or description "with or without symbolic buttons, etc..." I have tried www.car-parts.com and I don't know which option code/item number to use. I would be very appreciative if some could give me that information.

Cory

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks, I just ordered the ******799 model from the 2008. It is supposed to be the Monsoon, single disc, with Aux port. Do you know if it will still interface with my XM receiver? Not really worried about it, but would like it to be fully functioned if it can be. I opted for the single disc due to the complaints of the 6 disc (like I currently have, but no failure to date....).

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
After you install you need to run it by a dealership for some Tech2 (their laptop) time
to program it. If you had XM they will program that in so no issues there.

Call around as diff dealerships charge diff amounts to program it.

Thats the radio I have in my 2005. I love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts