Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post here, but I have searched these forums endlessly to try to figure out what I am doing wrong with this install and it is driving me crazy. I have an 06 GT with monsoon...

First off I do not care about the DIC, and as I'm sure you know the chimes still work without that adapter. I actually had an aftermarket DDin in the car before, but had it installed by Best Buy. They figured it out somehow but I cannot.

I bought the 70-2103 Metra harness, antenna adapter and wired it up to the harness for my Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS DDin stereo. I then ran the red 12v power wire down to the car stereo fuse in the box on the passenger size, but the stereo will not turn on.

I have tried two harnesses, checked all fuses, and even tested the new stereo on a battery charger by splicing the constant, 12v and connecting them, then connected those and the ground to the charger. The radio turned on then but will not turn on when I plug the harness into my car.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I've had my dash apart for two days in the freezing cold and I am on the verge of losing my mind haha. I've installed tons of stereos in the past and never ever have I just been completely lost on what is going wrong. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
sounds like that harness isn't wired to that car... somehow i seems thats your harness isn't connecting right... but them ****ing GM cars have to have the High dollar ones.. dont cheap out! lol.. let me know where your at??? if anything put the OEM back in? I'll try to help.. need some more insight.. :/

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Have you tried measuring the voltage at the radio to see where you have power and dont? All you need to do is measure the 12V constant and the 12V switched wire and you'll know exactly why it isn't turning on (both of them should be ~12V while the car is running).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Harness

Hey guys, first post here, but I have searched these forums endlessly to try to figure out what I am doing wrong with this install and it is driving me crazy. I have an 06 GT with monsoon...

First off I do not care about the DIC, and as I'm sure you know the chimes still work without that adapter. I actually had an aftermarket DDin in the car before, but had it installed by Best Buy. They figured it out somehow but I cannot.

I bought the 70-2103 Metra harness, antenna adapter and wired it up to the harness for my Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS DDin stereo. I then ran the red 12v power wire down to the car stereo fuse in the box on the passenger size, but the stereo will not turn on.

I have tried two harnesses, checked all fuses, and even tested the new stereo on a battery charger by splicing the constant, 12v and connecting them, then connected those and the ground to the charger. The radio turned on then but will not turn on when I plug the harness into my car.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I've had my dash apart for two days in the freezing cold and I am on the verge of losing my mind haha. I've installed tons of stereos in the past and never ever have I just been completely lost on what is going wrong. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance.
Mopete I had to purchase the Metra unit, there are 2 units one is the 99-3303 this unit has a shorter harness, and the 95-3303b unit is for a Double din but that don't matter because it was installed in my glove box, now the 95-33030B has a longer harness and that is the different in the 2 units and the 99-3303 is a little cheaper, but sound like you need either or, both units has the DIC box for the DIC info, hope that tis will help, this is what mine look like.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts