Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 06 GTP. Bought it certified used with some warrenty left!!. Loved it ever since.

New Lip

So far i have put HIDS in, Tint , Powdercoated wheels, painted calipers, Hankook Tires!! H&R lowering springs on the way!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ordered my Paint sealant today!. And I received my clay bar kit in the mail!!! Can't wait to get it all done

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

There it is with the rear springs in, fronts are now in, I just need to get my car back so I can take a picture!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yay clay bar and your car with the black gtp wheels looks awesome. clay bars are miracle workers enjoy buttery smooth paint

edit you need some more low i'm so used to my lowered coupe that stock height looks like a truck
Thanks, I love my wheels. I have them for sale though, switch things up a bit!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much for the wheels?
Its hard to say. They kill you on charges for shipping the wheels, I would only really want to sell my rims and keep the tires. I guess it would have to depend on how much shipping would be.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lowering kit all installed!!! Looks good i think :)

Thanks for comments guys!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ball park figure... about $25 per rim to ship them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used the H&R kit, super smooth ride still, installed them and drove it over 200 miles the next day for Easter. Handles awesome on interstate going 85 mph

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
H&R Gives you the most comfort with the lease amount of low. (1.5" all around... I think)
Eibach Pro Kit is a good in between, Lower then H&R (1.5" front, 1.7" rear) But still pretty comfortable.
Canuck Motor Sports give you the maximum amount of low but the ride is a bit stiffer. It still isn't that bad though. (1.7" all around)

I got a SSC Spring kit and (pretty much the same as canucks) and it got me about 2" lower than stock. The ride is stiffer but it's worth it. And it isn't really that much worse anyways.

Here's a good front/side shot of my car showing the height. Keep in mind it is sitting on stock 17" wheels and the tires have the same sidewall height as stock too. 225/50r17

Also how do you like your lip? What's nice is after you lower your car if you hit the lip on something, no damage will happen, it'll just move. And if something does happen it's easy to replace!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love the lip lol, for $10 you can't go wrong!! I know I like the wheels to , just a thought of switching it up. I don't know about spacers though, I hate the idea hat I would have to cut my threads to be able to make spacers work.. I have been told that by a few people now to put the spacers on

1 - 20 of 39 Posts