Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched forever on both g6performance and here, and I can't seem to find an exhaust solution for my 2006 GTP. I'm not trying to spend $700 on an exhaust, just trying to get some sound and growl out of the car. I was thinking of replacing the res with a magnaflow glasspack and keeping the 2.25" stock piping back to an aftermarket universal muffler. The problem I'm having is finding a muffler that will work with 2.25" inlet into dual outs. I've looked at Magnaflow, Flowmaster, and a couple others and I'm not positive what will work or not. Custom shops around Buffalo aren't any help, either. I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions, using my idea or not, as to what I can order to get a decent set up on my car. Part numbers would be great. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is what I did. just had mine done and absolutely love it. I had the whole catback redone in 2.5in with a dual split behind the rear axle into a dual out. in the middle of the tunnel under my shifter more or less i installed a cherrybomb glasspack. thats it. sounds amazing and deep at idle. compliments engine perfectly during accel. not too loud.

·
Registered
26 Posts
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-14277-Stainless-Steel-Muffler/dp/B000XQM1PI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1344046602&sr=8-3&keywords=14277[/ame] seems to be a good muffler, I have to call my muffler shop, I believe this is what they were quoting me on but their distributor is charging 240 for it...they were quoting me 400 bucks for just replacing the muffler and piping after it. They said the 2.25inch is is plenty good enough and will last longer then any stuff they could put on. Good luck and let us know if you find anything better

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I just did a resonator delete on my exhaust, Granted it's the 4 cyl. I just replaced that giant resonator with a pipe and it gave me a nice low tone growl at idle and it makes some noise while accelerating but not too loud. More subtle then anything. Also incredibly cheap! haha just an idea

1 - 5 of 5 Posts