Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radio display quit working, however, everything else works fine. Short of replacing the radio, any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This just happened to me yesterday... I just started my search and saw this at the top of the list and had to comment.

I'm gonna search around and see if this has already been answered before. If I find something, I'll try to remember to copy a link into this post.

**Edit - I searched around and didn't find anything on this...

As an FYI - the car's an 06 G6 V6 Sedan and the display which shows fuel economy/etc, temperature and radio is blank... Assuming, like you said that it's some sort of light, but I'm not sure. I'll look into it tonight and see if I can figure anything out with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't found anything, either. However, Best Buy sells an installation kit for an after market audio system that allows the DIC messages to be displayed. $199.00 for the kit alone. With the problems from my Yukon and now this vehicle, GM has cured me from purchasing another one of their cars or trucks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hear ya... Ford has come a long way with the American reliability as of late I must add...

I've always been a Honda man myself (which I'm sure would drum up some hate from a Pontiac website...!)

The G6 is my wife's car actually.. (but we carpool to work and I drive, switching cars each week essentially). I do like the G6 though!

On another note, my display actually came back!

·
WHITE G6 GT (:
159 Posts
Give it a little tap/beat on the dash! :D If its certified take it to a GM dealer just to look at. It should be free. Also, maybe a fuse? But who knows. Good-luck and let us know.

Again, give it some beating it might just work haha.

Dillon :cool:

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
happened to me quite a few times when i got mine and i was all worried and concerned but i would just park and turn off my car and when i turned it back on after a bout 30 seconds it refreshed it and turned back on...it was irritatiing and ended up getting a new deck...and it has happened once with the new deck...maybe the wire? i dont know...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I get this problem when I start the car with the remote start and when I forget to put the key on the ignition port.... after few minutes when the car is off then it goes back to normal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts