Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had my G6 GTP coupe for one week, and have had no problems with the steering, but reading all your posts is making me VERY nervous about this car. :(

Has anyone experience this steering wheel lockup problem in an '06 GTP Coupe? I'm going on a long drive this Christmas and would like to make it there and back in one piece! :confused:

Let me know your thoughts - and thanks to all for the great info and responses!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I too read the posts about the steering wheel lock up issues, I dont know the year of the cars that were locking up but I know that I have an 06 with 6000 miles its not a GTP (just a normal V6) but I havent experianced any problems with the steering **knock on wood**...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
God bless you VETTE! I've been having a panic attack since I started hearing that stuff, so I thought I'd better ask the friendly G6 owners and see what's up! I really appreciate it and ** knock on wood ** won't have any problems. Thanks so much for the responses!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Vette got to it before I had a chance.

The 3900 engines use hydrolic instead of electric power steering, I believe, and therefore, have not encountered this problem yet.

·
Registered
532 Posts
If you have any problems with your system you should be able to troubleshoot it the same way they have for the past 15 years. The only scary part with the Electric stuff on the regular G6s (GTs and base) is no one knows how to troubleshoot or fix whats going on. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts