Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my fiance's '07 convertible has that dreaded whining/howling sound at acceleration and was diagnosed as the exhaust. So my first question is do they make a catback for the convertible? Second, if I replace it with a catback will that resolve the problem? I'm not sure where this common leak actually is, and if I'm replacing the exhaust, might as well go aftermarket. I'm not big on putting exhausts on V6's, always sounds like crap. From what I've read though, the GT-R catback sounds like it isn't ricey or raspy at all. I've very partial to Magnaflow on all my V8's but it sounds like it might be a little ricey on these cars.

So, do they make a GT-R catback for the convertible? Second, is it obnoxious, raspy and ricey? Does it drone at all at highway speeds? If it is I need to just find a way to replace whatever is wrong with the stock exhaust without replacing the entire thing. Frankly I'm happy with the stock exhaust sound, but I'm not about to pay to replace it just to have it leak again. Any opinions, still new to this car. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that I'm doing more research I'm really confused, is the GT-R exhaust basically just a Magnaflow Catback? Any explanation would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is a complete exhaust kit.. nothing ricey or raspy about it. its THE greatest exhaust you can put on the car. youtube them.

gt-r = greatness
Is it only duals? Am I correct, it is just a Magnaflow muffler? I guess I still do not understand the what the difference could be between the Magnaflow catback and the GTR. Honestly I think I'd rather have a single exit so I do not have to make a cutout in the bumper. Not trying to be a pain. By all means talk some sense into me. Like I said I have no experience with these cars.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Don't do it then - makes my car all the more special

FWIW someone did do a single outlet Magnalow a while back and gave it good reviews. I know Search isn't the greatest on here but try some of those terms and you might find the thread. I want to say it was back in February or so but I may be off (behave!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't do it then - makes my car all the more special

FWIW someone did do a single outlet Magnalow a while back and gave it good reviews. I know Search isn't the greatest on here but try some of those terms and you might find the thread. I want to say it was back in February or so but I may be off (behave!)
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I've read a few reviews for the single out Magnaflow catback but everyone seems to say it's pretty raspy. That's kind of why I'm confused, I would think the GTR would be about the same if not worse with it being duals. If somebody can just explain the difference I'd appreciate it. Like I said cannot stand raspy cackling popping exhaust. Just want something with a nice deep tone. If this is the answer I'd be happy. Is there only one place to get this exhaust? Do they make it for all body styles?

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I've read a few reviews for the single out Magnaflow catback but everyone seems to say it's pretty raspy. That's kind of why I'm confused, I would think the GTR would be about the same if not worse with it being duals. If somebody can just explain the difference I'd appreciate it. Like I said cannot stand raspy cackling popping exhaust. Just want something with a nice deep tone. If this is the answer I'd be happy. Is there only one place to get this exhaust? Do they make it for all body styles?
well if you bought the gtp rear valence you wouldnt have to cut anything out they would run the tips out of that because the gtp has duals on it... call your local muffler shop and ask them what they'd suggest for a single exit exhaust

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well if you bought the gtp rear valence you wouldnt have to cut anything out they would run the tips out of that because the gtp has duals on it... call your local muffler shop and ask them what they'd suggest for a single exit exhaust
Well that's easy enough. I guess the last question is, will the catback replace the factory part that leaks? I'm not sure if it is the flex pipe or what exactly. If it does then I'm all for this exhaust.

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
Well that's easy enough. I guess the last question is, will the catback replace the factory part that leaks? I'm not sure if it is the flex pipe or what exactly. If it does then I'm all for this exhaust.
i cant answer that part im not sure man! but if you click forum at the top and scroll down you can find the vendor for the site in the GT-R section or you can go to the website..

http://www.classic4performance.com/

^
thats the exhaust website

1 - 12 of 12 Posts