Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 07 G6 sedan with a 2.4l 4 cylinder engine and was wondering if anyone knows of any performance mods that the engine can handle. I heard the 2.4l can’t really handle a cold air intake but would a K&N filter help? Or any other suggestions if any.
Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have an 09 4cyl sedan that i have custom done the intake to suck from behind the passenger headlight through a K&N cone filter and running a 1/4 inch bigger exhaust to a glasspack. Also have drilled and slotted rotors all the way around
09G6Intake.jpg
Definite improvement in throttle response and of course the exhaust tone is pretty nice! Sounds more muscle car and not like a giant bumblebee on steroids! LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have an 09 4cyl sedan that i have custom done the intake to suck from behind the passenger headlight through a K&N cone filter and running a 1/4 inch bigger exhaust to a glasspack. Also have drilled and slotted rotors all the way around View attachment 17557 Definite improvement in throttle response and of course the exhaust tone is pretty nice! Sounds more muscle car and not like a giant bumblebee on steroids! LOL
How did you do the custom intake? Take out the filter box and did you cut a hole where the filter box use to be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did you do the custom intake? Take out the filter box and did you cut a hole where the filter box use to be?
Hole is already there under the filter box. just have to figure out how you want to run the piping. i used rubber pieces I had laying around but they have that flex tubing you could use I would imagine. and you will have to maker a holder for the MAF sensor, one that seals up nice or you will get a mixture too lean and get a check engine light. If you have any air leaks between the sensor and the plenum your ECU weill start dumping more fuel and you will get a spike in the short term fuel trim then the long term fuel trim and once that hits 30% you will get the code. I will go take some more pics and some video here shortly for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hole is already there under the filter box. just have to figure out how you want to run the piping. i used rubber pieces I had laying around but they have that flex tubing you could use I would imagine. and you will have to maker a holder for the MAF sensor, one that seals up nice or you will get a mixture too lean and get a check engine light. If you have any air leaks between the sensor and the plenum your ECU weill start dumping more fuel and you will get a spike in the short term fuel trim then the long term fuel trim and once that hits 30% you will get the code. I will go take some more pics and some video here shortly for you.
Sweet man, thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I have a 07 G6 sedan with a 2.4l 4 cylinder engine and was wondering if anyone knows of any performance mods that the engine can handle. I heard the 2.4l can’t really handle a cold air intake but would a K&N filter help? Or any other suggestions if any.
Thank you
There really isn't much you can put on these engines. The K&N Filter doesn't do much either. These cars, especially with the 2.4 are NOT racing cars. The engines are not that strong, the Transmissions are not designed for hard use and the suspension is weak. If you have lots of money to throw at it then do whatever you feel like, but if you want it to last I would suggest keeping the RPM's down and refrain from hard drag racing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts