Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
As others have mentioned, if your fluid is low you do have a leak, the question is where. I would carefully check the two main cylinders that move the roof. On mine I noted that there were a couple of cavities below the cylinders that had collected some fluid. Equally if you put some paper towel under each and cycle the top it may be easier to spot something. In my experience the cylinders generally leak when under load / in motion rather than when the system is idle.

Glad you got the wiring sorted. Hope you find the leak and get it fixed.

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G6 GT Convertible, 3.9l V6 automatic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Have not heard from you for three weeks, i think it is? Please let us know how it went.
Sorry, I'm on a new medication and things slip my mind a lot. I've been checking for leaks every now and then and haven't seen anything. Levels haven't gone done and I haven't seen any wet spots from a leak. Not sure why it was empty when I got the car, but so far no issues. Goes up and down no problem. :)

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Sorry, I'm on a new medication and things slip my mind a lot. I've been checking for leaks every now and then and haven't seen anything. Levels haven't gone done and I haven't seen any wet spots from a leak. Not sure why it was empty when I got the car, but so far no issues. Goes up and down no problem. :)
Ok well then, good to hear that it works when fluid is topped up. I think all the others on this site agree that the fluid shouldn't be going down at all. So you will need to keep a close eye on it. And please keep us up to speed.
Thanks for the reply.
Convertme

21 - 25 of 25 Posts