Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sorry please help
Computer- bcm- or fuel pump and starter??
07 g6.. mothers car.. got drove once a month.. charged battery.. would not start but did turn over.. figured fuel pump.. bought a innova 5410 Analyzer or code reader.. followed instructions.. then starter stopped working.. 27 different codes
P0174- fuel trim system lean bank 2 dtc severity 2 of 3: repair immediately if drivability issues are present. That to essential system components if not repair as soon as possible..
P0107- manifold absolute pressure (map) senser circuit low voltage..
P0122- throttle position senser low voltage..
P0123- throttle position senser high voltage..
P0140- HO2S circuit insufficient activity senser 2
P0171- fuel trim system lean
P0222- throttle position senser 2 low voltage..
P0230- fuel pump relay control circuit..
P0420- catalyst system low efficiency..
P0443
P0452- fuel tank pressure sensor circuit low voltage..
P0641- 5v reference 1 circuit..
P0700- transmission control module requested mil illumination..
P1516-
P2101-
P2A01
P0976- 2-3 shift solenoid valve control circuit low voltage..
P0122-
P0140-
P0222
P0230
P0443
P0452
P0700
P2A01..
Sorry some were repeated.. JUST NOW I SEE MY RADIO IS FLASHING..
ENG PWR REDUCED
ENGINE DISABLED. ???
PLEASE HELP I THINK COMPUTER OR BCM??

·
Registered
26 Posts
WOW! I've got the exact same year, therefore I have the factory service manuals for it. However, I don't believe there's a section that covers all of that other than ECM replacement. I'm not at home right now, but just from what you've described, it sounds like somewhere during the jump starting process the ECM got fried.

I'm going to guess and say that all of the voltage related codes are related to the battery being jumped. The flashing radio is a normal result of having a discharged battery.

How long has it been inoperable and how was it running prior to becoming inoperable? For now, I would say ignore the codes verify the three ingredients necessary for the engine to start. Spark, Air & Fuel. I don't know if they have an O'Reilly's or AutoZone near where you are located. If they do, go down and borrow their fuel pressure test kit. You will have to put a deposit down on it but you'll get it all back when you return the kit. Don't worry about the codes right now, the ECM should default into fail safe mode that is sufficient to get the engine running.

Verify that you have sufficient fuel pressure. There is one other thing you may need to check depending upon your answer regarding how it was running before it became inoperable and that is a compression test. However, we'll burn that bridge when we come to it. Right now what I need to know is the answer to the inoperability questions.

·
Registered
609 Posts
If you have not done so, I would suggest clearing all the stored codes and then see what comes back. As mentioned by Bill, these could be false indicators based on the battery failing. Using the scan tool to reset the stored codes will allow you to see what current codes are being thrown

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I erased all code.. then will turn over again.. and fires a second then off.. over and over again.. then son in-law came over and says.. did you pump the gas when you start it.. lol.. no.. he pump the gas like crazy and it fucking started.. but apparently its LIMP mode.. barely idles and won't run RPMs past 3000
Codes are-
P0122- Throttle position sensor low foliage Circuit 2 out of 3 in severity
P0102- mass air flow sensor circuit low frequency
P0222- throttle position senser 2 circuit low voltage
P0443- (evap) purge solenoid valve control circuit
P0452- fuel tank pressure sensor circuit low voltage
P0700- transmission control module requested mil illumination
P2101- throttle actuator position performance
P0976- 2-3 shift solenoid valve control circuit low voltage
P0102- repeat
P0113- intake air temperature sensor circuit high voltage
P0122-repeat
P0222- repeat
P0443- repeat
P0452-
P0700
P2101
So any suggestions now
Please help

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm sorry but your son in-law thinks your G6 has a carburator. All he did was to open and close the throttle plate. Have you checked to see what codes have returned ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm sorry but your son in-law thinks your G6 has a carburator. All he did was to open and close the throttle plate. Have you checked to see what codes have returned ??
If I am reading this right he said he cleared the codes and then all the codes he listed again are what came back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is also a chance your catalytic converter is plugged. That would make it run like garbage and go into limp mode. It running like garbage would cause it to throw codes but I am not sure low voltage codes should be what you are seeing due to that type of failure. Apparently, according to what I have read on this site, catalytic converters going bad was a common issue with some G6's. If you can rule that out then the only thought I would have is the ECM / ECU. Hopefully, this is helpful. Maybe helpful to look up catalytic converter failures on this site to see if others listed their symptoms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update.. I removed throttle body.. cleaned it.. replaced throttle position senser..
No change..
Removed the exhaust.. not plugged
No change..
Replaced fuel pump..
No change..
P0122- throttle position senser 1 circuit low voltage
P0222- throttle position senser 2 circuit low voltage
P0443- EVAP solenoid valve control circuit
P0452- fuel tank pressure sensor circuit low voltage
WHAT CONTROLS THESE THINGS???
WHAT IS COMMON BETWEEN THESES??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Won't stay running.. starts for just a 1/2 second then off.. over and over.. radio display still reads (engine power reduced ).. everything points to throttle body.. but had it off.. cleaned it.. replaced senser.. the sensor was same but plug was different location.. still same plug though..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts