Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my G6 a few weeks ago and when I filled it up for the first time there was no problems, I had a full tank when I left the station...I clicked to see how many miles I could go on the tank and it said 262. I thought that was odd, because it cost me almost 40 dollars to fill it up and with my Ford Fusion it takes less money and can go double the miles! Well, the next time I filled up, I turn the car on and it's not on the full mark- it's right between full and half- BUT, get this...I look to see how many miles I can go, and it was close to 400! That certainly made no sense to me. BWT I know you're not supposed to "pump" after the first click, so I don't.

But all this is making me wonder just how reliable the gauges are in the Pontiac G6...

·
Über Newb
13 Posts
That "Range" reading can be jumpy.

Depending on how fast you're going will determine how much farther you can drive on your current tank of gas. The reading updates itself every so often (not sure about the specifics).

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Like Bygg D said, the fuel range is based on your most recent driving. If you had a lot of stop & go or idling right before your fillup it will show a pretty low total. If you had genteel highway driving it will show a high total. Even given that, I've found it to be optimistic by about 20 miles or so when full.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.