Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and please bare with me considering I have a very small amount of knowledge relating to cars.

I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT and for the past few weeks it has been occasionally difficult to open my driver side door from the inside. When I say occasionally difficult, it seemed very resistant and I had to pull the handle fairly hard to get the door to open. The other day it happened again and this time I pulled and it the door did not open, but seemed to release some form of tension. Now, the door handle is unresponsive (as if the child safety feature was on). It is opening perfectly fine from the exterior, just not from the interior. Do I need to replace the interior handle? Can I do that myself? Thank you so much for your help!

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
Sounds to me like you broke something inside. I have not had the doors apart on the G6 yet. But older GM cars I've owned had a bunch of metal bars that were connected to the handle and the locking mechanism. I broke the end off one and had to fix it. I used a few zip ties and some duct tape, but that was on a car I didn't really care that much about... and I had no money.

Well, at least its summer. Get used to sticking your hand out the window to open the door. Make it a trademark move for you... Or take the door apart and fix the inside handle. Whatever floats your boat.

You might be better off taking this to a local garage or a dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts