Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i installed an aftermarket radio in my shop class during the winter and now that it's warm i tried switching from defrost to front facing air and switching to cold air and nothing, i tried a code reader and it said its having trouble detecting the climate control unit which is odd because last summer when i bought the car the a/c ran fine. i checked all the fuses in the 2 fuse boxes and they seem fine. i'm out of ideas and cant afford much. any ideas would be awesome <3

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, 3.6L V6 sedan
80 Posts
It could be two things. Once you change out the factory radio you lose the functionality of the car's control module that controls certain features of the car. You could of disconnected the connection that controls this feature. The other thing it could be is the AC/Heat control module is bad or not making proper connection. Try disconnecting the plug to the module and apply die-electric grease. Best I can answer based on what you explained. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be two things. Once you change out the factory radio you lose the functionality of the car's control module that controls certain features of the car. You could of disconnected the connection that controls this feature. The other thing it could be is the AC/Heat control module is bad or not making proper connection. Try disconnecting the plug to the module and apply die-electric grease. Best I can answer based on what you explained. Hope this helps.
So update, i replaced the hvac blower relay inside the car and now i have cold air, but not icy for some reason and still no control of the ac position my dad said it might be a loose ground wire on the wiring harness. is there a good website that has the wiring diagram for the climate controls?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts