Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light came on next day it almost did not start. Replaced the Battery check engine light went off for 3 days. Now it is on again also when I start the car it the dash display is "Charger Parked". Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
sure it doesnt say changer parked? that usually means your CD changer is fried.
I read somewhere that "changer parked" comes up if you disconnect the battery and its as easy to get working again as ejecting CDs and reloading. But then again, I don't have a changer so what do I know ha

·
Registered
295 Posts
My check engine light came on next day it almost did not start. Replaced the Battery check engine light went off for 3 days. Now it is on again also when I start the car it the dash display is "Charger Parked". Any suggestions are welcome.
alanbintn,

The "Changer Parked" message will display after the CD mechanism has initialized or when you manually park the CD mechanism. Initialization occurs normally upon a battery reconnect.

The mechanism will unpark itself once you press the CD load button.

As for the CEL, are you experiencing any other issues? There are numerous reasons the CEL can come on.

I hope this is helpful. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service

1 - 4 of 4 Posts