Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, only my third post! For those that are interested in these things my order went in on June 23 and accepted June 29. Currently I am at code 2500 from the list:
1000 - Order Request Accepted by GM
1100 - Preliminary Order Accepted
2000 - Accepted by GM
2500 - Preferenced
3000 - Accepted by Production Control
3100 - Available to Sequence
3300 - Scheduled for Production
3800 - Vehicle Produced (invoice created)
4000 - Available to Ship
4200 - Shipped (rail-car)
4300 - Intermediate Delivery (usually when the vehicle is switching rail-cars at a distribution hub)
4800 - Rail Ramp Unload (when the vehicle is unloaded from the rail-car and loaded onto the transport truck)
5000 - Delivered to Dealer

Getting to code 3300 is key, then I'll know when it will get built. According to the last rumor I heard, the new LY7 motors won't be available to the Orion G6 factory until August.

Cheers, Bean

· Designed For Action
495 Posts
tmurfet said:
Hi all, only my third post! For those that are interested in these things my order went in on June 23 and accepted June 29. Currently I am at code 2500 from the list:
2000 - Accepted by GM
2500 - Preferenced
4000 - Available to Ship
4300 - Intermediate Delivery (usually when the vehicle is switching rail-cars at a distribution hub)
4800 - Rail Ramp Unload (when the vehicle is unloaded from the rail-car and loaded onto the transport truck)

Getting to code 3300 is key, then I'll know when it will get built. According to the last rumor I heard, the new LY7 motors won't be available to the Orion G6 factory until August.

Cheers, Bean
I guess your car will be shipping sometime in August, or early September. :confused:

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
September sounds about right. Hey Kman, do you have any photos of your car taken since you lowered it? I've seen the one picture but it wasn't enough to get a good feel for how it looks with the wheels turned and from different angles and such.. ..have all the mods you've done changed the way the car handles significantly? Just trying to figure out which mods are worth doing..

Cheers, Bean.

· Designed For Action
495 Posts
tmurfet said:
September sounds about right. Hey Kman, do you have any photos of your car taken since you lowered it? I've seen the one picture but it wasn't enough to get a good feel for how it looks with the wheels turned and from different angles and such.. ..have all the mods you've done changed the way the car handles significantly? Just trying to figure out which mods are worth doing..

Cheers, Bean.
Here's a pic below. I am performance-minded, so the mods I do are to take the car's performance to the next level. The mods I have done, thus far, have been all worth the price. The car sounds better, is faster and handles much better than stock. Improvements to the exhaust, intake and suspension will yield nice dividends, in horsepower and handling.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all, got an update this morning. currently I'm at code 3300 and have a TPW (Target Production Week) of August 7. That means I may be getting one of the first built with the DOHC motor:
2000 - Accepted by GM
2500 - Preferenced
4000 - Available to Ship

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I've been put back two weeks; my new TPW (Target Production Week) is now August 21 :(. I can only speculate that the 3.6L motor is not yet available - they must all be going in the Aura's I hear started production last month.
Cheers, Bean.

· Designed For Action
495 Posts
tmurfet said:
Well I've been put back two weeks; my new TPW (Target Production Week) is now August 21 :(. I can only speculate that the 3.6L motor is not yet available - they must all be going in the Aura's I hear started production last month.
Cheers, Bean.
When you factory order a car, it can be frustrating. My first new car(1994 Grand Am GT) was ordered. The request was placed in August and I received the car in November. There were 2 strikes at different plants, during that time.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all, got another update this morning. Currently I'm at code 4200. I have a rail car number and VIN :)
2000 - Accepted by GM
2500 - Preferenced
4000 - Available to Ship

Unless someone else pipes up :bump: it looks like I might be the first member to post pix of an 07 GTP!

· Registered
55 Posts
I know how you feel, I ordered my car too. I was like a kid waiting for christmas to come. here's a link to my car. good luck with your new car. john

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2447354

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Special Ordered My Car Sept 9th And I Picked It Up Saturday 11/5/05.I Ordered My Car Base GTP Coupe With:
6 Speed Manual Trans
Ebony Cloth Interior
Upgraded 6 Disc In Dash Cd Changer
Ultra Bright 18" Wheels
Engine Block Heater

I Put The Spoiler On 3 Hours After I Got The Car Home

My Car Was Built The First Week Of October And Was Shipped On The 11th. I Got All The Cool Paperwork That The Dealer Has On My Car Because A Friend Of Mine Is The Salesman.

· Registered
64 Posts
my car is a auction car and I never even expected the thing so I was pretty pleased. I had gotten up at 6am traveled home from vacation got home at 12:30 and saw it sitting there it was pretty nice. I drove it around a lil bit but was to damn tired to do anything exciting heh.

· Registered
3 Posts
tmurfet said:
Hi all, got another update this morning. Currently I'm at code 4200. I have a rail car number and VIN :)
2000 - Accepted by GM
2500 - Preferenced
4000 - Available to Ship

Unless someone else pipes up :bump: it looks like I might be the first member to post pix of an 07 GTP!
I just ordered my '07 GT on Friday, what are these codes, and how can I look them up? I had no idea it was possible to 'track' a new vehicle!

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dmehak said:
I just ordered my '07 GT on Friday, what are these codes, and how can I look them up? I had no idea it was possible to 'track' a new vehicle!
If your dealer is techno savvy he can look them up for you and then email you the status. Problem is, many dealers don't know how to work a computer :rolleyes:

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK final update for a bit. I got an email this aft telling me my car has arrived at the dealer and has already been PDI'd! So this weekend I will travel to dealer and pick it up. The dealer is a couple hours drive away as the sales guy is a relative of ours - why would I pay more from a local dealer! SO it has to wait until Friday. Gonna be a long week!

...and I plan to take lots of pix of the new engine and post 'em. I hope I'm first!

Cheers, Bean.

· Designed For Action
495 Posts
tmurfet said:
OK final update for a bit. I got an email this aft telling me my car has arrived at the dealer and has already been PDI'd! So this weekend I will travel to dealer and pick it up. The dealer is a couple hours drive away as the sales guy is a relative of ours - why would I pay more from a local dealer! SO it has to wait until Friday. Gonna be a long week!

...and I plan to take lots of pix of the new engine and post 'em. I hope I'm first!

Cheers, Bean.
Congrats. I'm looking forward to seeing the new ride. :cheers:

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kman said:
Congrats. I'm looking forward to seeing the new ride. :cheers:
Pix of the new ride are here:
http://groups.msn.com/Murfet-Lane/g6.msnw

So we already put 3,000 miles on it during our road-trip vacation to Utah. The car performed flawlessly the entire trip. I admit to babying it the first few thousand miles, especially the brakes, the forums have armed me with things I should not do! I do have two maybe three complaints: The passenger seat does not have enough seatback positions, needs one more forward position to stop my better-half complaining - she stuck a pillow in back in the end; I suspect that it may have something to do with crash-test results and airbags though.. so probably not fixable.
The rear seats were folded down for ten days with not really heavy stuff on top. Now there are ugly dents in the seatback leather from where the belt clasps were trapped in between. I'm waiting for the dents to dissappear but I suspect they're permanent now. Next time I will remove the plastic cupholder thingy (anyone know how to remove it?). Another thing.. I couldn't remember how to remove the rear headrests! Shoulda looked it up in the forums.

The drivers leather seat cushion wrinkles up real quick - I guess thats permanent too.

The tires.. mountain roads and such.. well they stink. In the spring I plan to get accessory wheels, perf tires and a strut bar - looking at it the strut bar may just fit, though I might need to remove it to add brake fluid.. :rolleyes:

· Designed For Action
495 Posts
tmurfet said:
Pix of the new ride are here:
http://groups.msn.com/Murfet-Lane/g6.msnw

So we already put 3,000 miles on it during our road-trip vacation to Utah. The car performed flawlessly the entire trip. I admit to babying it the first few thousand miles, especially the brakes, the forums have armed me with things I should not do! I do have two maybe three complaints: The passenger seat does not have enough seatback positions, needs one more forward position to stop my better-half complaining - she stuck a pillow in back in the end; I suspect that it may have something to do with crash-test results and airbags though.. so probably not fixable.
The rear seats were folded down for ten days with not really heavy stuff on top. Now there are ugly dents in the seatback leather from where the belt clasps were trapped in between. I'm waiting for the dents to dissappear but I suspect they're permanent now. Next time I will remove the plastic cupholder thingy (anyone know how to remove it?). Another thing.. I couldn't remember how to remove the rear headrests! Shoulda looked it up in the forums.

The drivers leather seat cushion wrinkles up real quick - I guess thats permanent too.

The tires.. mountain roads and such.. well they stink. In the spring I plan to get accessory wheels, perf tires and a strut bar - looking at it the strut bar may just fit, though I might need to remove it to add brake fluid.. :rolleyes:
Congrats on the new ride. Do you have any engine bay pics?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.