Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell everyone i have a 07 pontiac g6 gt convertible and i recently hit a coyote coming home from work and had to replace radiator cooling fan and ac compressor and i got it all fixed but now my radiator line keeps pooping off and i cant find out why and i leak transmission fluid everywhere and it stops my car from driving until i put transmission fluid in it again its happened to me twice within almost 3 weeks please help me

·
Registered
10 Posts
For the radiator hose....dump the spring hose clamp and get a worm drive clamp from any auto supply store. Transmission fluid leaking everywhere ? I don't know where to start.

·
08 convertible
200 Posts
He means get rid of the spring-type hose clamp (if that's what is on the car now) and get a worm drive clamp (the type you tighten with a screwdriver).
Personally I doubt that a spring clamp would pop off for no reason, I would look carefully to see what may be wrong with the radiator or the clamp. And I would make sure the clamp is installed correctly.
As to transmission fluid leaking, well... you just have to look carefully and see where it's leaking from.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I stopped the leak and only problem now is the radiator hose keeps popping off ill try replacing it and seenif that helps

·
Old far...er...tinkerer..
303 Posts
Despite the thread title, the line that's popping off is one of the transmission cooler lines at the radiator.

Without seeing it, it's hard to say, but either the metal retaining clip is missing on the transmission cooler line, or the end of the metal line is damaged and won't stay in the fitting.

Here's one of the fittings, with clip:

Here are the cooling lines:

Doug

·
Registered
10 Posts
I stopped the leak and only problem now is the radiator hose keeps popping off ill try replacing it and seenif that helps
You have air trapped in the system from replacing the radiator. There are bleeder valves on these newer cars you need to bleed the system. Had a pontiac grand prix that did the same thing and yes change the clamp...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also, could be the thermostat failing to open. My 30 year old Honda Prelude has a bleeder valve on the thermostat neck in plain sight. I can't see a bleeder valve on my 2.4 G6 engine. A bleeder valve that is hidden is not very useful.

My impression of the need for a coolant bleeder valve is that steam (air) has a hard time opening a thermostat so a bleeder valve is used to bleed off the steam (air) and allow hot coolant to open the thermostat. So...I looked for a bleeder valve to be located somewhere around the thermostat housing. I couldn't find anything. I'm probably looking in the wrong place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts