Pontiac G6 Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

Registered
2007 Pontiac G6 GT coupe 3.5L V6
I think my car was about that mileage when I changed mine. Changed it again at about 120k. If it keeps running I will do it again later in the year as I am around 160k. No issues with the change. I also dropped the pan, cleaned it and changed the filter the second time. Getting it filled to the right level was a bit of a pain as I had to level the car on jack stands. No lift or fancy tools here. Hope it goes well if you decide to get it done. Personally I see more benefit than downside. That said I don't think I would have chosen any form of power flush. I stuck with a drain and refill.
Should I look for someone to do it for me or take it to a shop and keep fingers crossed they don't power flush?? I can't trust shops anymore as I've always had issues with every shop I took my car to. I do alot of research on my car problems and it intimidates these shops. 馃し

Registered
Should I look for someone to do it for me or take it to a shop and keep fingers crossed they don't power flush?? I can't trust shops anymore as I've always had issues with every shop I took my car to. I do alot of research on my car problems and it intimidates these shops. 馃し
Any good repair shop can properly remove the trans pan , drain the oil and REPLACE the filter and refill the trans. YES a bit more to proper refill as no actual "dip stick". BUT if you're getting hesitation or mild "bucking"/rough idle. Have the spark plugs replaced. When I first got our 3.5 gt, it ha 2 plugs that had cracked where the spark plug wire boots fit over. Replaced the plugs and wires and no more troubles, runs like a top!

Registered
2007 Pontiac G6 GT coupe 3.5L V6
Any good repair shop can properly remove the trans pan , drain the oil and REPLACE the filter and refill the trans. YES a bit more to proper refill as no actual "dip stick". BUT if you're getting hesitation or mild "bucking"/rough idle. Have the spark plugs replaced. When I first got our 3.5 gt, it ha 2 plugs that had cracked where the spark plug wire boots fit over. Replaced the plugs and wires and no more troubles, runs like a top!
Thank you, I changed the plugs and wires and no more hesitation.

Registered
Thank you, I changed the plugs and wires and no more hesitation.
Glad it worked for you also! :)
Had the same situation happen again to me with my newly bought '10 Lucerne. Luckily I traced it to a specific cylinder and had "leftovers" from the G6(same parts) and got my Lucerne(3.9 motor) running SMOOTH . Come SPRING will replace all plugs and wires on it too.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts