Pontiac G6 Forum banner

08 Convertible leak, where to find O’ring

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  zhetswai 
#1 ·
Hi, I’m new to this forum. I have an 08 G6 and need to replace the tiny orings on the convertible top hydraulic lines. Any idea where I can find or order these? I can’t find the part number or the size. I have been able to find some that are the correct diameter but are too fat to install (story of my life. Lol). Any help is much appreciated.

#2 ·
When I sent my hydraulic cylinders for repair, the supplied replacements. The company was TopHydraulics. I have no idea if they will sell them separately or tell you what to ask for but it may be worth contacting them. Another option looks to be a GM Parts Kit 89024071 (but I have not used it so you may want to check with a dealer)

#3 ·
Thanks for the information. I did call TopHydraulics, but they will not sell me the o-rings by themselves. The GM part's kit seems to be running about $75, and the salesman says that GM is on strike and he has no idea how long it would take to get. I can't believe these little things are giving me such a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.