Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Lifetime Member
3,805 Posts
Give your tires a look when the car is cool and then after you have been driving awhile. Remember that your tires have more pressure after you have driven for a while. I really doubt its drive train related. One egg on one tire could do this.

· Lifetime Member
3,805 Posts
I say tires because of an issue I had some time back. My car shook really badly and I thought it was the drive train too. I took it to a shop and the repairman looked at my tire and said it’s an egg on the inside of the tire. It was noticeable only by viewing a flat spot on the outside.

· Lifetime Member
3,805 Posts
This is surely a bitch of a problem! I still think its a tire with an inverted egg.

A 1995 Grand AM I had did this. I drove it around town mostly but one day I was going to drive to Mississippi, from Baton Rouge, and I decided to check the air pressure. The tire psi was low (25psi) so I added till it was 36psi. Wobble wobble wobble! Mainly at certain speeds so I took it to a shop and blah blah blah the mechanic said its a tire. I didn't see anything but sure enough once the tire was removed there it was, inverted egg.The tires had some wear so I replaced them all. End of that PITA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.