Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GT 6 cyl 3.5L automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking at the 2 options for Exhaust Muffler assembly on the GM Motor parts website. I own a 2008 G6 GT 6 cyl 3.5L. They list 2 SKU's 19257426 is supposedly for vehicle with sport package or convertible and the other 25923028 is for GT, coupe and sedan. The muffler assembly 25923028 says muffler assembly with 3-way catalytic converter, pipe insulators and gasket. Can someone tell me if this is correct. Does the 08 G6 GT 3.5L have a third CAT at this location? I already purchased and installed the 2 CATS that come off of the exhaust manifold and I am now replacing the last long section. Also wondered why the sport package had a simpler exhaust labelled as part 6 on the diagrams. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not sure if this will help, but I do know that the convertible exhaust pipe (from the resonator back) is different from the one on the sedans and coupes. (Smaller diameter pipe and flat areas to clear convertible frame braces.) This pipe is used on both the standard 3.5 and Sport Package 3.9 LZ9 engine. The difference in mufflers is that the Sport Package has a two outlet muffler rather than the single used on the 3.5 engine. I'm not aware that the 3.9 uses a third car. Good luck. - Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts