Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!! I'm totally new to the forum thing. I just bought my car 01/08/08, and I am in LOVE with it!!! ;) I am in Knoxville, TN and there really aren't a whole lot of them around....at least that I've noticed. It was kind of hard for me to actually find mine!

~Mindy

· Registered
66 Posts
welcome

· Registered
2 Posts
I live in Upper MIchigan and the weather here is COLD my G6 GT coupe windows are always freezing up and won't go down. I am driving around with the door ajar half the time. Does anyone have a cure for this problem?

· Registered
2 Posts
Windows

My 08 G6 coupe has windows that go down and up when the door is opened and closed. In the winter time the windows freeze and the door won't close properly, I have to ride around holding the door until the window thaws out and will retract. This opening and closing causes sctatches on the windows. It is like opening your window everytime you get in the car and get out of the car. The body shop at the dealership told me that it is because we live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and we have bad winters. I told him that was a bunch of "bunk" what about the people that live in Maine or Florida they all have their share of bad weather. I did get the windows replaced only because the sales man told they body shop that was the way the car came in. But the body shop manager told me that GM would only replace the windows once and that it was a design flaw and apparently GM is not responsible for design flaws. I got the windows replaced last week (in the summer) and before I had 100 miles on the car the windows have started to get the same scratches. I was just wondering if anyone out there was experiencing the same problems and if they were able to resolve the problem.

· Lifetime Member
3,805 Posts
But the body shop manager told me that GM would only replace the windows once and that it was a design flaw and apparently GM is not responsible for design flaws. I got the windows replaced last week (in the summer) and before I had 100 miles on the car the windows have started to get the same scratches. I was just wondering if anyone out there was experiencing the same problems and if they were able to resolve the problem.
If you own a GM and the problem is a GM design flaw then "WTF!" Some people just don't have any integrity at all. I really hate to hear these stories about a car I really like. It seems like now-a-days unless it will cause death they say :2up: F-it!

I hope it works out for you.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.