Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

I just got a 2008 G6 GXP on Saturday, 4/5/14 from Sterling Mcaull Buick GMC. My previous car was an 03' Impala and was in an accident and a total loss by the insurance company. When I saw this G6, I fell in love and decided that it was going to be my next car. I'm loving it so far and when searching for information online about it and putting in my old stereo, I came across these forums several times and thought I'd register an account.

Some people tried to sway me from buying it because Pontiac is no longer around and the problems with GM. One person suggested parts would be difficult to find but I found that hard to believe. I could very well be wrong.

I got it with 86k miles on it. I have 2 pictures I quickly took. I'll be sure to take some more. I think down the line I'm going to be interested in adding on aftermarket performance parts. I didn't take much interest in doing anything to my Impala but with this car I've had a lot of interest.

I do have a question, do the G6's have stiffer steering than other cars? It just kind of seems like the steering is stiff compared to my old car or the rentals I drove which were all small economy cars.

Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
All cars have a different feel in steering.

Grats on your purchase! And welcome.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Welcome! I'd say the G6s have stiffer steering than most cars primarily due to the electronic power steering.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Welcome! I'd say the G6s have stiffer steering than most cars primarily due to the electronic power steering.

My girlfriend's (now traded) base model G6 had electronic power steering and it was easier than hell. The better model G6's, such as the GXP's, have hydraulic power steering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts