Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a lot of research and possibly I missed it here or I got impatient, lol. But here is the problem that I am having and the steps that I have taken to try and fix it... This is the 08 4 cyl engine and I have not been able to find the worong diagrams or solutions on Youtube or Googe to help fix this. I need help, please!

Problem: The temperature gauge is constant fluctuating from high to low and the AC works on and off.

What I've done....
1. Replaced thermostat
2. Replaced the ECT sensor (Temperature sensor)
3. Plugged in the OBD II and came up with the ECT code. GRR.
4. Checked the proper fuses, then checked all my fuses which came back all good.
5.Tested the actual sensor and came up with 527 ohms which seems to be in the normal range which is 500 to 10K Ohms depending on temperature
6. Tested the wires to make sure that I had voltage with the ignition on. Came back at 5V which is normal
7.Tested the ground which came back at 6.5 not 12.6V. So I think that this is my problem.... Bad ground :-(

I looked around and checked all my noticeable grounds and they all seem to be okay unless its at the fuse box under the hood.

So my main questions are:
1. Is there a simple solution to this problem that does not require bypassing the ground?
2. If i bypassed the ground by cutting the wire at the sensor connector and running it straight to the ground on the battery, will it work? Or will it cause more issues?
3. If I went straight to the battery from the connector, do I also need to connect the other side of the ground wire on the rest of the harness?

Thank you so much in advance! I look forward to the feedback

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dang it... I tried jumping the ground. I did make sure that I had the ground before I snipped it. But the issue is still there. Is there another thing that I can try?? Any ideas??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts