Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 G6. 2.4. I bought it earlier this year. It didn't come with a remote. It runs fine. It's just that recently my power locks started to act up. A lot of times when I turn my key in the door, it will pop open, but then instantly lock.i have to keep the key turned to keep it from locking. I never had a remote with the car. And also at times, it will lock , unlock on its own. While the car is on or off. And also if my any door is unlocked & I'm outside of it, trying to get in, it will stay unlocked, but then a second later, lock itself, when u pull the door handle. It just started doing this recently. I don't know if I is a short somewhere ? I plan on getting a remote. I need help soon. And also, my tc warning light came on & abs. I have no codes. I did have multiple misfire codes. But I changed the plugs. I need help with that also.

·
Registered
2006 G6 GTP F40
168 Posts
Even if you did not receive a key fob for the keyless entry, your vehicle may still have it and that particular module may be having some sort of an issue. That will require a trip to the dealer unfortunately. For the traction control and abs, it is most likely that you are having a failure in one of the wheel speed sensors. If one of those sensors does not function properly it will throw attraction control light and obviously disable the ABS because the computer doesn't know what that wheel is doing. There are definitely codes for that as well, however most standard code readers do not have the ability to read ABS codes. The misfire notification you are receiving could also be caused by faulty coil packs. It's just another thing that you can take a look at. Another thing that can also cause misfires is if you have a dirty fuel filter. If you are having below desired fuel pressure, it could also cause the car to run rough. But I would definitely check the coil packs first. If it is only certain cylinders that are having the problem, then take those two coil packs and move them to the other cylinders. Clear the codes and start the car and when the codes return and if they return see if the problem moved. That will tell you if the coil packs are faulty.

·
Registered
221 Posts
To find if your remote is just missing or if your G6 was not equipped with a remote from the factory. Open your glove compartment door .... see the sticker plastered to the door ? Now look for codes AP3 or AP8. (AP3 is for fobs that include remote starting.) If you cannot find either of these codes at least you now know the car never had a key fob.

·
Registered
2006 G6 GTP F40
168 Posts
RPO codes are a good way to start looking. However, keep in mind that the car may have been upgraded with factory keyless entry as an add on, in which case it would not be shown on the RPO sheet.... Which did get me thinking about another possibility...
Your car may also have been fitted with an aftermarket keyless entry system. Aftermarket systems are not always known to be reliable. They do have a tendency to lose their mind and start doing crazy things with your car. It would explain some of the symptoms that you are describing. It would also be explained if the RPO codes in the glove box do not support your vehicle having a factory installed system. To make sure that this is not the issue, I would look underneath the dashboard on the driver side near the steering column. That is usually where aftermarket systems tend to live. Look for a black box with many wires coming out of it that looks like it doesn't belong... It may have a name on it like Viper, Crime stopper, Bulldog, ECT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts