Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 2008 GXP dual exhaust (stock) "fit" on a 2005 base sedan? I understand I would need the dual valance but will this physically fit?

Any help appreciated!

Shaun

· Michigan G6er
217 Posts
I am sure it would but why? you can get a GT-R exhaust for prolly cheaper. I was looking for just a dual outlet muffler from a gxp and gm wanted 300 dollars just for muffler. I think that might be a big rip off but the GT-R will give you better sound and hp.

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know much about the exhausts. From what I read the GTR is only for dual exhaust G6 models?

I have a base sedan with single exhaust. Of course I would need a dual valance but why am I reading that GTR doesn't make one for my model?

The reason I was looking at the GXP exhaust is because I found someone selling one for cheap. I didn't realize the sound/hp would be all that different.

I read Classic Performance is the only option? Where can I order the dual exhaust system?

Confused :\

Shaun

· Administrator
4,330 Posts
I don't know much about the exhausts. From what I read the GTR is only for dual exhaust G6 models?

I have a base sedan with single exhaust. Of course I would need a dual valance but why am I reading that GTR doesn't make one for my model?

The reason I was looking at the GXP exhaust is because I found someone selling one for cheap. I didn't realize the sound/hp would be all that different.

I read Classic Performance is the only option? Where can I order the dual exhaust system?

Confused :

Shaun
Im kinda confused now too.... What is it that GT-R does not make for your car?

Heres where you want to go for GT-R exhaust.
http://classic4performance.com/
plus you can Email them questions and they'll get right back to you.

and speaking of the rear valance I had some confusion at the local dealership yesterday and I have an extra one but had to pay list 116.00 so im thinking of putting it on ebay.

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. Thanks for the link. I think I confused myself just reading so much. ha...

I could take the valance off you but shipping would probably be outrageous. I am in Canada :\

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.