Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i want to put HIDs in my fogs but ive seen like 5 different bulb sizes for it online. i just dont wanna buy a conversion kit and have it not fit:mad: So what size bulbs do i need for my 08 gxp? thanks:D

· Registered
392 Posts
Where have you seen all these different sizes? Go by the sylvania website, it's H11. Make sure to get 35w though.

· Da.v3
597 Posts

· Da.v3
597 Posts
H11s are Halogen, not HID.
another uneducated reply.

how is it i have an 06 g6 gtp coupe with h11 HIDS in lows and fogs?

dumb replys are just comin outa the wood work today.

H11 is an example of a bulb TYPE - socket type if you will. it doesnt matter what the actual technology attached to it is. LED, halogen, HID...w.e

· The G6 is my DD :-)
22 Posts
another uneducated reply.

how is it i have an 06 g6 gtp coupe with h11 HIDS in lows and fogs?

dumb replys are just comin outa the wood work today.

H11 is an example of a bulb TYPE - socket type if you will. it doesnt matter what the actual technology attached to it is. LED, halogen, HID...w.e
Young man, when you learn to spell, you can throw stones. You're 23 -- get over yourself; you have not earned the right to be that important. The OP did not indicate the he had installed a HID system for his fog lights, he said he wanted to (hoped to) install H11 HID bulbs for his fog lights. In my post, I was pointing out that the H11 bulbs required for G6 fog lights are halogen. Sorry that I didn't point out that he would also need a HID conversion kit.

Canadian winter taking its toll on your sensibility?

:beer:

· 2009 Carbon Black 6
93 Posts
GXP is 9040. All other models are H11. Technically the Sylvania guide is wrong as it only shows 9040. I do not have a GXP and ordered a 9040 (or H10) HID kit and guess what? It didn't fit. Sylvania guide fails to mention different model G6's. Sooo.. 9040 for GXP. H11 for all others.

H11 - Lowbeam/Fogs (except GXP)
H9 - Highbeams
9040 - Fogs (GXP ONLY!)

· Da.v3
597 Posts
you only said H11s are Halogen, not HID....what else would people think you meant by that?

GXP is 9040. All other models are H11. Technically the Sylvania guide is wrong as it only shows 9040. I do not have a GXP and ordered a 9040 (or H10) HID kit and guess what? It didn't fit. Sylvania guide fails to mention different model G6's. Sooo.. 9040 for GXP. H11 for all others.

H11 - Lowbeam/Fogs (except GXP)
H9 - Highbeams
9040 - Fogs (GXP ONLY!)
what do you mean? i looked up 06 2 door and it showed all the correct info...

· 2009 Carbon Black 6
93 Posts
what do you mean? i looked up 06 2 door and it showed all the correct info...
Well maybe it is correct for older models but when I did mine (and I just did it again) for a 2009 sedan, it says that the fog/driving light is 9040. Which is clearly incorrect as I do not have a GXP. It doesn't list H11 & 9040, just 9040 which led me to believe my bulb was a 9040.

· Da.v3
597 Posts
ooooooooooooo i wondered why they only had options for 2 dr and 4 dr, not gtp or gxp and so on. gotcha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.