Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· High Horsepower Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just picked up a set of EFX Euro Effects 8000K HID's for the 6er. They retail at $400 but i got them for $125 at the NY Auto Show yesterday. The kit took 3 guys 2 hours to inshall 2 headlights:eek:. Just thought i'd share the installation with u guys. If u have any questions or comments feel free to post.

This is the kit we used:

The g6 looks stealth with no lights:

The HID fit snug into the housing:

This is where we mounted the ballast which is used to ignite the HID:

These 8000K lights have a bluish white tint:

You can compare the old with the new by looking at the fog light as the old brightness:

Closeup of the HID turned on:

So far they work great. They light up the road 10 time better than stock. I would recomend the kit if u have a couple of hours and a couple of peole with electrical no-how handy. Also if you decide to install most any HID kit, you need to pull the daytime running light (DRL) fuse. For my car, the fogs are next. They would have been installed the same day but EFX gave us the wrong size:mad:.

· High Horsepower Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why the hell did it take them that long to install the hids?!:confused: I didn't pull the DRL fuse.. no need to. I just turn them off when i get in the car during the day.. and they dont even flicker if they are left on ...
it took so long because first of all, the instructions came with no wiring diagram. second of all, you had to drill a 3/4 inch hole in the cap behind the light housing so the wiring could run through. then you had to stick a rubber in the hole to waterproof it. then because of no wiring diagram we had to experiment with different wires going to different places. after we thought we got it right and we buttoned the car up and tested it 1 last time, the passenger HID blew:banghead:! luckily we bought an extera just in case this happened. then we replaced the bulbs and theres ur 2 hours :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.