Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it can work but my question is do I have to install the 08 head unit first? Then take the car to the dealer? I don't think this would work as the head unit has a security lock out, or does it not matter?

Secondly anyone a GM tech that can do it cheaper than $100+ that the dealership wants to flash it? They said it takes an hour to flash the headunit....

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Takes less than 2 minutes via their tech2.

Install it first.

Also go to a different dealership as they obviously dont know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I figured as much, I guess they don't want to waste their time on it. Anyone from NJ know anyone that has a tech 2 that will do it for cheap?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or know if a Snap-On Modis works? My buddy has a Modis and it does a bunch of stuff but not sure if it can unlock a headunit/flash it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok well I bought one online at ebay for about $125 shipped. Got the VIN# and once received I'll proceed with the install.

Easy peesy?
Disconnect the battery, tear apart the interior, disconnect the old and in with the new. Anything special I should know or is it straight forward? No special tools or anything?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I read through it, very handy. Appreciate the information gentleman and ladies(throwing that out there).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts