Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Pontiac G6 and i am having problems with it stalling at stops and bogged down acceleration at startup.
I know its a 4 cylinder engine but i have never had this issue with a 4cyl engine before.

I was told by someone on this site that it might be fuel injector issues and that there is a recall for it but i cannot find it anywhere.:(

· Registered
14 Posts
Just had the G6 in for a CEL that would illuminate when the tank was almost full or empty.
When I used the ODB software, I got an unmetered air code. This is one where the car is reporting that there is unmetered air in the system.

I checked the gas cap, and it seemed OK, but I replaced it anyway ( cheap enough try ).
Next I did a visual inspection over the complete intake ( factory ) and then remoed and replaced it per the service manual.

Car was fine for about 45 days, then the CEL on and off again.

Took it into the shop, and they pulled the code, and it is the one where GM has a TSB to replace the injectors. Guess there was a batch that had issues with not running for the entire pulse width ??

This is a case of a CEL only, don't know what happens if you let it go longer, if it would have match your symptoms or not.

This is the only TSB I know of, it is not a recall, just a TSB if this CEL, replace all injectors.

Have you seen sporadic CEL icon illumination ?

· Registered
14 Posts
U still under warranty???
Just rethought, that maybe you were asking me.

Yes, the car is still under the factory warranty. They did all 4 injectors, don't know if that is a CYA or if all 4 really needed to be replaced.

Don't have the TSB number to know what it specifies, just know the dealer pulled the code, and within 10 min came back out and said this is a known issue, need to order another 3 injectors ( they had 1 on the shelf ).

If you were posting that for the OP, sorry.

· Lifetime Member
3,805 Posts
I have an 08 Pontiac G6 and i am having problems with it stalling at stops and bogged down acceleration at startup.
I know its a 4 cylinder engine but i have never had this issue with a 4cyl engine before.

I was told by someone on this site that it might be fuel injector issues and that there is a recall for it but i cannot find it anywhere.:(
Is your gas tank full?
Have you ever run out of fuel in this car?
Are you buying fuel from a well used distributor?

Its kind of new to be having injector issues. My first guess is bad gasoline.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.