Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G6, V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a weird clunking noise in my front end when I go over the slightest bump. In the last 6 months, I’ve replaced: both hub assemblies, both outer tie rod ends, both struts, both sway bar links. The sound went away for about 2 months then came back a few days ago. Can’t tell which side it’s coming from but it feels like it’s under my drivers side foot.
09 G6 149800 miles

·
Registered
296 Posts
At 12 years old now and unknown (to us here) mileage....Have you had the ball joints and control arm bushings inspected/replaced?

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, 3.6L V6 sedan
23 Posts
I have a weird clunking noise in my front end when I go over the slightest bump. In the last 6 months, I’ve replaced: both hub assemblies, both outer tie rod ends, both struts, both sway bar links. The sound went away for about 2 months then came back a few days ago. Can’t tell which side it’s coming from but it feels like it’s under my drivers side foot.
Have you tried replacing the sway bar bushings and last check the lower control arms.

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G6, V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At 12 years old now and unknown (to us here) mileage....Have you had the ball joints and control arm bushings inspected/replaced?
It has 140800 miles on it (just added to my post). And I have not. I’m (hopefully) going to get it in today to have it inspected.

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G6, V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried replacing the sway bar bushings and last check the lower control arms.
I have not. The only things that have been replaced on the sway bar are the sway bar links.

·
Registered
11 Posts
09 G6 149800 miles
Did you check front motor mount any of them for missing rubber?

·
08 convertible
353 Posts
It's a lot cheaper to have a competent shop diagnose the problem than it is to replace parts at random until you find the fault.
But if you want to play this game, my bet is on lower control arm(s).

·
Registered
12 Posts
09 G6 149800 miles
I would check the part forgive me I forgot whats called but if you take off the wheel there should be a vertical bar with a rubber cushion on top and bottom, mine wore off and when I hit a bump it kinda clunked. I think the part is only about 5-6” long but maybe you will see it loose

·
Registered
12 Posts
09 G6 149800 miles
Go back over what you already replaced 2 months it's lose again maybe follow other post deeply I've never Encountered that problem but not much room between frame and wheel.Elk might be right a knock under your feet is a lose ball joint if front wheel drive not sure post finding s

·
Registered
12 Posts
who's working on your car part swapping get expensive try roulette at parcs better odds but w IU the 150 k parts needed replacing any way lose brake pad go for bump with brake on a little might hit or miss front wheel drive or rear wheel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts