Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I just got this car put on the road last week, immediately I hop in go down the road shifts 2 second gear smooth as butter goes to shift to 3rd gear, its super noticeable... fast forward 200 miles, ive learned a little more. Everytime i use any amount of throttle and use 2nd gear to accelerate to speed like you should, it hard shifts unless i almost completely let off as it shifts. The weirdest part, if she goes to redline then shifts, its perfectly smooth.

I also didn't notice this on my test drive for the car and I have had the battery unplugged for a good period of time. And info would be amazing, this car has hit 50k miles in my possession and had a transmission fluid flush at 33k from the dealership according to carfax

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey guys I just got this car put on the road last week, immediately I hop in go down the road shifts 2 second gear smooth as butter goes to shift to 3rd gear, its super noticeable... fast forward 200 miles, ive learned a little more. Everytime i use any amount of throttle and use 2nd gear to accelerate to speed like you should, it hard shifts unless i almost completely let off as it shifts. The weirdest part, if she goes to redline then shifts, its perfectly smooth.

I also didn't notice this on my test drive for the car and I have had the battery unplugged for a good period of time. And info would be amazing, this car has hit 50k miles in my possession and had a transmission fluid flush at 33k from the dealership according to carfax
GM recently put out a service bulletin warning against flushing any automatic transmission . The reason being that it can harm an otherwise normally functioning transmission .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts