Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've replaced the bushing 4 times now and it keep popping back off. I'm getting so tired of this car.

Anyone experience this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
08 convertible
244 Posts
Yes. I did the same. The motor bellcrank ball popped out of the plastic bushing. Even new bushing. I ended up getting a new linkage, AC Delco brand. So far so good.

The way to make sure it's on good is to stall test it. Put it all together, run the wipers and grab a wiper arm and hold it. It should stall the motor without popping the ball out of the socket. It requires a bit of strength but a nornal healthy person can do it. Be safe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I did the same. The motor bellcrank ball popped out of the plastic bushing. Even new bushing. I ended up getting a new linkage, AC Delco brand. So far so good.

The way to make sure it's on good is to stall test it. Put it all together, run the wipers and grab a wiper arm and hold it. It should stall the motor without popping the ball out of the socket. It requires a bit of strength but a nornal healthy person can do it. Be safe.
Thank you I'll try that. I was going to drill and tap the bushing/ball stud and put a bolt in it. I'll try a new linkage arm first

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did you buy the arm? I'm only seeing complete assemblies.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up buying the whole linkage assembly plus a new motor.

·
08 convertible
244 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, for other readers here is the linkage (transmission) without the motor:
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-22711011-Equipment-Windshield-Transmission/dp/B001S82UUG

Also available from Rock Auto or your local GM dealer.

I haven't figured out why an old transmission with all new bushings still pops off the motor ball stud. I'm guessing something about the geometry changes with age and wear.
That is the one I bought. I was thinking originally that I could buy just the smaller linkage arm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts