Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 g6 2.4 cyl was running fine until the other night I just took the valve pan cover off checked the spark plugs and then put it back on the next day it wouldn’t start Well I got it to start and it ran fine for about 2 days well it will start and idle just fine when I got to drive it when you stop it dies sometimes idles funny I have had the car a little over a year and have had just minor issues with it nothing major until now it only has 120000 miles it threw a code for a purge valve and then one for a camshaft position sensor changed the sensor and the problem still is happening but I had messed with it for a couple days taped up some wires that was showing and it ran fine for about a hour and now it’s back to idling good but if you go to move it. It dies when you stop and after a while just dies right after starting up. I really need some help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Understand the G6 has 2 camshaft position sensors, and make sure that the gasket going over the TB is fully covering the TB. If it isnt, and there is an air leak, it can cause running issues.
What was the exact code for the camshaft position sensor?. When mine coded, it wound up being the timing chain as the culprit. Depending on the code it threw, it may or may not be the issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts