Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
My GXP has a dual exhaust system and I want to add a cherry bomb glass pack to it. I'm not very sure how I would do that so any help is much appreciated.

·
4,055 Posts
best bet would be to have an exhaust shop cut out your stock resonator and weld the cherry bomb in place, then see how that sounds. Next step would be to replace the muffler itself. But I remember people liking the sound of a cherry bomb with stock muffler.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've got one of those. Car had resonator whistle, and the seller swapped it in. Not really 'loud', but you can tell its a little more aggressive sounding.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
It depends on what you are after. It sounds 'better' meaning more performancey, and not whisper quiet at idle. If you are looking for some brash out there sound, straight pipe would do that while still being a little hushed through the muffler. In terms of sound with 1 being full hush, and 10 open exhaust, it is probably a 4. When on the throttle it gets a louder, to where I can here if my wife is coasting my car or on the throttle, and I can hear a distinctive sound. It sounds good!
From a driveability angle, I recall the car feeling a little more torquey after the install, but that may have been my ears tricking my brain.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts