Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
09 GXP
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 GXP and other than intake, exhaust, and Tune, im not really seeing any other options?

Any suggestions? anyone here have a 3.6 L that's upgraded more than just above? I know theres no supercharger or turbo for the G6 but is there anything esle i can do to give me some more power? thanks i appreciate it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
on the other site they are haveing headers fabbed up but seems to be takeing longer than expected to get the rest of the sets out..........port and polish upper and lower intake manifold P&P the heads. its debatable but ive heard the HSRK (heat soak reduction kit) works pretty well........ what you named off are probably the easiest and least expensive to accomlish, these mods above if you do them dont expect to have your warranty honored anymore as once you start doing engine work dealers will no longer be an option if something powertrain related brakes..................

one mod i would HIGHLY suggest as i have just installed them a few days ago and they're awesome is Race series motor mount inserts (those wont void the warranty) and they really stiffen up the powertrain and dont allow it to move much which is actually better as without them you could harm the powertrain during aggressive driving.....

as far as handling there are strut tower bars, coilovers, brembo brakes from the cobalt ss, and of course you could get better tires if you still have the stock ls-2s on.......

plenty of stuff that you can do but if you plan on geting rid of the car in a year or two id hold off on much more then intake tune exhaust and MMI's........ pretty much just do mods that are easily removed if you know what i mean......

·
09 GXP
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah ive been hearing about the headers but just wanted to check up on them ya know? but thanks for the insight ill definetley look into those options as i will have this car for at least another 6 years

1 - 4 of 4 Posts