Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Not yet... I can only imagine that they'd be close to the stock times of the Grand Am V6. At least until the GTP model is available. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking that the GT should run in the mid 15s stock with the 200 HP engine with approximately the same weight as the GA. I just wondered if anyone's seen a review where they did a 1/4 mile run.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Just an assumption, but I'd guess the 15.6 time would be from the 3.9L GTP model, not the GT. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see some GTs from Michigan running those times off the factory floor. :lol:

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
The G6 GT was tested by Motorweek. The 1/4 mile time was a disappointing [email protected] mph. :(

·
Registered
532 Posts
Not suprising... I think at absolute best it could hit (15.6ish)...something magazines like Motorweek are incabable of. Unless evan smith (like he would waste his time) tested it I wouldnt expect much better than 15.9 out of it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After really thinking about it and having driven the car I would say my guess-timate would be more along the lines of a 15.8 - 15.9 depending on the track and weather conditions. (I know I said 15.7 in another thread but realistically I think I was overestimating.) A 15.4 is probably very possible in Michigan though. :p

My "automotive computer guru" (may he remain nameless), agrees that tweaking the PCM would definately be helpful, especially bumping up the tranny line pressure a bit to get rid of the sluggish shift between 1st and 2nd.

Dammit Kelly!!!! You're right....I won't be able to leave anything I buy alone!!!! Gotta make it faster!!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
SCGA1 said:
The G6 GT was tested by Motorweek. The 1/4 mile time was a disappointing [email protected] mph. :(
I wouldn't be surprised to see some better times turned by owners. But looking at that result it confirms what I thought: Even though the car has a (slightly) larger engine and 25 more HP, the other factors will keep performance to about the same level as the Grand Am it replaces.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sunrunner_pei said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see some better times turned by owners.
I agree. An owner has time to find all of the "sweet spots" and will probably push it a little harder than they do in tests.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Old Guy said:
Take note Shawn....Kelly was right for the first time in his life. We need to make this a National Holiday!!! :p
That is what I meant ... hell, it is a good day!!!!

**KELLY DOES A HAPPY DANCE**

1 - 20 of 63 Posts