Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

It's been a while since I've posted. I've opted to do the 60K mile (100K km) service on my own (06 GT 3.5). Mostly because I noticed oil consumption in the last few months. I've added a quart and a half within 1000 miles so I assume my plugs are due (or past due), even though they're rated for up to 160K kms (yeah, right). As the car is approaching ten years old, they are on my list to change.

Outside of plugs, I want to clean the throttle body. I didn't have luck in removing it a couple years ago as there's a hard coolant line that runs close to it, so come hell or high water I will remove the TB this time as I can see with the flashlight that it has built up / caked on crap on the inside of it.

Outside of changing the plugs and TB cleaning, anything else for 100K kms? Just to note the trans is good. Front end seems to be OK yet. I don't think a 100K service is as complicated as it once was. I'm hoping the old (original) plugs are what is causing my oil consumption as the oil is still golden brown after 6K miles. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Your engine is probably in good shape if your oil is still clean.

Don't forget to check your belt, air filter and maf sensor too. Cleaning the maf with maf sensor cleaner would be a good idea with the throttle body cleaning.

You may want to consider running some seafoam through a vacuum line to clean the intake side of the engine from the inside.

A transmission pan drop with a filter replacement probably wouldn't hurt, but it also probably isn't needed.

Fuel system cleaner wouldn't hurt either, just preventative in my opinion.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll have to see if I can get some MAF cleaner locally. Even Seafoam is a hard to find item here in Ontario.

The transmission fill port looks like a small 3-5mm hole. Is there an easier way to fill the trans? My oil catch bin has a level that I can roughly measure what came out so I can refill with the same amount. This is the only vehicle I own without a transmission dipstick...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh OK.

So to fill it, it gets filled right to the top of the hole? That will make things easier if I don't have to measure what comes out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts