Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i been fixing a friends g6. what happened was the clutch siezed up and snapped the belt so she ordered a new compressor and i switcehd them out and took it got the freon put back in it and for some reason every time i turn on the ac the fuse will blow anywhere from 10-20 seconds later. ive tried everything i can think of. now i need your guys help

thanks

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
okay so i been fixing a friends g6. what happened was the clutch siezed up and snapped the belt so she ordered a new compressor and i switcehd them out and took it got the freon put back in it and for some reason every time i turn on the ac the fuse will blow anywhere from 10-20 seconds later. ive tried everything i can think of. now i need your guys help

thanks
You're referring to the AC clutch fuse (#1) then? There's a short to ground somewhere before reaching the load (the clutch coil). Could be an internal issue with the new clutch.

Unplug the connector to the clutch, replace the fuse & turn on the AC. If the fuse doesn't blow, the wiring from the fuse to the clutch connector is ok. Now plug the clutch connector back in & turn on the AC, if the fuse blows then the new clutch is shorted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts