Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the guy at the dealer after my last oil change that when I come in for my next one I will need to do the 15000 mile maintenance where the flush the fuel system and it will cost $120 on top of the oil change... he said it is because the car doesn't have a fuel filter... I call BS... what say ya'll?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
I would too.

The fuel filter on the G6 is non-serviceable. It is a part of the fuel pump module and the regulator sytem. So if you want to service it then you have to replace the whole fuel module assembly.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Yeah and they should go ahead and change out the muffler bearing too. Lets see, the liquid push rods might need calabrating along with the hydro static fuel cell in the radiator. Thats just for the 15,000 mile tune up.
At 20,000 they'll need to re-coat the cylender walls and polish the inside of the oil pump. Oh! I almost forgot, the glow plugs will need to be recharged. This should only be for $4.00.

All in all I think these items fall into the same area as the cleaning of the fuel line. I would have called BS too.:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah, I've heard the same thing, but they told me that they needed to clean out the fuel system ever 15,000 miles because the fuel filter wasn't serviceable. They recommended their fuel injection service that cleans the fuel injectors along with the entire fuel system (including the fuel filter) for $89.99 and that's every 15,000 they want to do that.

Honestly, why every 15,000 miles? That seems redundant to me.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Yeah, I've heard the same thing, but they told me that they needed to clean out the fuel system ever 15,000 miles because the fuel filter wasn't serviceable. They recommended their fuel injection service that cleans the fuel injectors along with the entire fuel system (including the fuel filter) for $89.99 and that's every 15,000 they want to do that.

Honestly, why every 15,000 miles? That seems redundant to me.

They recommend it because they sure as hell aren't making money selling the cars, so they give you a song and dance about how you need to do unnecssary stuff to your car. Throw a can of fuel injector cleaner in every so often, that's basically what they'll do and then charge you $50 additional for them doing it instead.

I don't know why ANYone would go to a stealership for service unless it's part of the 2 years no cost maintanance. Go find an independant shop that won't screw you over.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It's all BS. My car only goes in for warranty work, when & if required. Otherwise, I manage all fluid changes and such for all my vehicles. When the warranty expires, then I'll fix it myself or outsource it to the appropriate shop. For $120, I'm sure all they do is dump a $8 fuel system cleaner into the tank. One Toronto shop was caught for this, along with printing fraudulent emission test papers; they're no longer in business.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts