Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My boyfriend bought me a staggered set of corvette sawblades for christmas. 17x8.5 in the front and 17x9.5 in the rear. I'm looking to put these on my '09 g6 and I'm almost positive the stock et is 50. Has anyone ran these before or something close to these? If so do you know what the et is so they sit flush or have a slight poke; Curious to know what the right size adapters would be to run. Please post pictures! Keep in mind we plan on putting an eibach pro kit or something similar to that on it probably in the summer. Thanks guys.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
I would not change the suspension on a hardtop vert.

Its designed to handle a shift in weight. When your top is down it
moves hundreds of pounds to the back. Your current suspension
accounts for the weight transfer. Changing up those dynamics could be....
in a nutshell.....fatal.

I do not recommend you alter any portion of it. Not on a hard top convertible.

Also those Corvette wheels will not fit & Spacers are unsafe.
Tell your BF he messed up. Find some aftermarket wheels that have the same bolt pattern as the G6. There are lots to choose from.

What color is your vert?

Not what you wanna hear right? Its just my 2 cents. You can get spacers & Eibachs if you wannna.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Lampoon makes a great point that I didn't think of, but even more basic is that we're, uh, front wheel drive and the Corvette is RWD, so if anything you want the larger wheel up front. The Grand Prix GXP actually did this (larger front wheels than back) so it's not unprecedented and you could just switch them around but you didn't say anything about that in your post.

Also I had to check to make sure it wasn't just a package option but I've got 18's on mine and from what I can find all 2009 convertibles came with 18's, so you're actually downgrading a wheel size and would need different tires (not that the stock tires are all that great so no big deal there :rolleyes:).

Sorry to :dogpile: on your parade! Welcome anyway and as always, Pics Or Ban!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
you guys are fools.... i've been in the vw scene for like 5 years now, and obviously wrong fitment won't matter for me. form over function is the way to go, i'll post pics when i'm done. This isn't about perfomance for me, the rear quarters are bigger, which in turn, a set of staggered wheels will complete the look im going for. imo, i have an idea of what my car will look like, and for all the haters, my boyfriend is running 14x8.5 and 14x9s with 165 65s up front and 175s out back. this setup is on a dumped mark3 jetta. it can be done.

·
his 07 vert/her 07 coupe
333 Posts
g6gt2009 people are trying too help you so you don't f:eek:ck up your car ther are a lot of people who have tried things that didn't work so you might be wise too take some advice and not call them fools !!!! PS. your VW is not a convertable !!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My boyfriend vr swapped his cabrio and hes running staggered wheels on that; that motor was never meant to be in that car. Im going to research my suspension options further. Thank you for all of ur information but i was simply looking for information on wheel adapters and fitment.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hope your car decides to run itself in a wall. Corvette rims belong on a corvette, regardless of how ugly sawblades are. You should go back to douching out vdubs instead of making your practical g6 look retarded.

·
Registered
441 Posts
G6GT - being a person who regularly visits Treffen (if your so OMFG VW then you know what that is - I've owned a Corado, 1.8t Passat and a R32) I understand where you are coming from and understand the 'look appeal' to the situation and agree that yes - you can have improper offsets for FWD regardless of functionality.
The point we are trying to make, unless you decide to NEVER put down that hardtop (if thats the case, why have it) then your chill - but as soon as you displace the center of gravity and shift the weight backwards the offset is going to put more pressure on the spacers which (as your VW friends will tell you) are not the best idea due to their already large failure rate.
As far as your boyfriend VR swapping his Cabriolet, if it was the 1.8 4cyl it weights just under 500 lbs, the VR6 2.3 (1997 ish) is about 500 to 600 and the 2001+ has the 3.2 (Was in my R32) and it weighs just over 625 lbs - so that was a VERY bad analogy - sure he had to do some mechanic work but as far as weight distribution it was no worse then the weight of the back seat.

Long story short - from a fellow Vdubber - putting those wheels on your car will do more than just 'form over function'. As long as it sits still, you never move that roof down your fine but as all of us here will say over and over again
- Your boyfriend messed up - it's not going to work the way you envision. Period.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts