Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know, I didn't want to make "another" post about what size wheels will fit what, but I did a search and couldn't find any recent posts about my question.

I just bought a "base" G6 with the 17" steelies for my wife... and need to quickly put some alloys on. I have 225/50/18s on My LT2 malibu, but i am curious if these will fit on the G6. I know they are esentially the same car, but since it's a base model I didn't know if the struts were maybe different and I might have clearance issues with the 18"s.

I have an extra set of 18" tires, so if they will fit I will just get some GTP wheels or something similar.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If the bolt patter is the same (5x110), then you should be fine. I have 215/45R18 on my summer rims, and I haven't had any issues with rubbing. Hope this helps!

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
If you put the 225/50/18's on the speedo will be off, you can have this corrected at your local GM dealership. This would be the only issue will have. The other option is to research the overall tire diameter of the 225/50/17's that are on your wife's G6 and get 18's to match, probably like 225/45/18. I ordered my alloys from Discount Tire Direct with Michelin's mounted on them for a great deal, you could call them and they would help you figure it all out too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm more worried about tire size. I know the GTP's had 225/50/18's...but I'm not sure they will fit on a base. I plugged them into a tire calculator and the 225/50/18's are taller than the factory 215/55/17.

Edit: I'm not worried about speedometer. I actually install tires for a living lol. I'm hoping I will get some feedback from people who have actually installed the 225/50/18's on their base G6. The tire calclulators will only tell so much.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thank you! I was pretty sure they would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts