Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished washing my ride this morning and to my dismay, I noticed a huge amount of fine little scratches on the spokes of my wheels. I have the 18" brite polished ones. I have been only washing by hand using Meguiar's car wash soap and a clean sponge. Looks like maybe the clear coat on these wheels are pretty soft and the sponge is causing this or else the salt particles in the snow on the road in the deeper piles might be scratching it, tho I doubt it. Anyone know if there is anything out there product wise that can be used to fill in these scrathes or to buff them out. From a distance you can't really tell but closer in they are looking a little dull, and then closer yet you can see the scratches. Argh !

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a huge problem with what the dealer did to the side of my car. If they are just in the clearcoat it's entirely fixable.

I made a post here of before & after results of using Meguiar's ScratchX and NXT on the mess the dealer made of my car. Very pleased with the results and I'm happy to say that NXT lasts a long time.

A good 2+ months later and several automatic washes and the paint isn't dull looking.

EDIT: If you try ScratchX I would recommend reading Meguiar's forums for instructions on how to use it.... it is not a rub on wipe off product.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips ! The scratches appear to be in the clear coat because they really aren't detectable with my fingernail, just visually dulls the polished areas. I tried a little wax earlier and it seems to fill most of it. I'll try the Meguiar's and see if that fixes it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts