Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I installed my new Eagle Eyes headlamps - obviously a huge cosmetic upgrade from factory. The light output is terrific, and i installed Silverstar Ultras in the low beam/projectors. The halos are very bright.

What shocked me was how poorly they fit - the outboard screw tabs came in at about a HALF INCH above holes on the car, and the inboard ones were just barely in the right spot and pusheded the grill shroud forward. I really had to shoehorn them in, and for now I just have wood wedges holding the outboard tabs in place.

I traded good fit but poor light with the original Spyders lamps I had, to great light but poor fit with the EEs. I'm not sending them back - the overall fit in the headlamp "cutouts" in the car body is decent - it's just the screw tabs are, well, screwy. I'm going to end up drilling some new holes, and replace the temporary wood wedges with some kind of rubber bushings that I hope to find at the auto parts store.

Next upgrade will be HIDs for the foglamps.

I also installed a simulated brushed aluminum trim kit on the dashboard - I got it from www.dashkitmall.com - it gives a nice contrast with the black plastic and wood pieces - breaks up the monotony of the all-black dash and brightens up the interior.

The kit I got is basically universal, so it has leftover pieces for 4-door models and other trim levels - if anybody is interested in these remaining pieces let me know, but I will probably put them up for sale in the classifieds.

Happy modding!

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The EE's shouldn't have any trouble fitting.
Well, um, they did. I've removed and reinstalled the originals and the Spyders so I know how to do it - there is only one way to install them, and things don't line up.

When I plug in the outboard "pin" and then line up the inboard screw tab, the outboard one is way off - the whole piece pivots, and if i line up the outboard screw tab the assembly is facing up with a big gap at the bottom. This happened on both sides.

Who knows what you're getting on eBay - could be counterfeits for all I know. Next time I'll buy from a reputable online retailer, but I can make these work. They DO work well, so all i have to do is secure the outboard tabs decently and i'll live with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts