Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not seem to find the information on that guy who was sponsered! something to do with a web site -12000 etc plus some sort of "catch" also--what is the speed rating on the gtp with goodyear ls's the gt had "v" rated-what about the gtp--all i find is H --thx

·
Registered
132 Posts
hook2233 said:
I can not seem to find the information on that guy who was sponsered! something to do with a web site -12000 etc plus some sort of "catch" also--what is the speed rating on the gtp with goodyear ls's the gt had "v" rated-what about the gtp--all i find is H --thx
The Eagle LSs on the GTP are T rated (118mph) - very low if you ask me. I was totally surprised the other day.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tires

miscreant said:
The Eagle LSs on the GTP are T rated (118mph) - very low if you ask me. I was totally surprised the other day.
yep your right-P225/50R18 94T - rated at 118 --funy--the gt with 201 with 149 and gtp with 240 hp with 118 --i guess pontiac knowes they historically have very little top end from factory--

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
hook2233 said:
yep your right-P225/50R18 94T - rated at 118 --funy--the gt with 201 with 149 and gtp with 240 hp with 118 --i guess pontiac knowes they historically have very little top end from factory--
My GTP came from the factory with 'W' rated Bridgestone Potenzas. I guess I have great top end. :)

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
hook2233 said:
you missed why i said it--sales pitch with the gt - V rated tires --your tires are "performance only" ? maybe you have great top end--lol
I know what you are saying. GM did the same thing with the GA GT. They had 'V' rated tires on the GAGT and governed the car to 126 mph.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Explr1 said:
Very easy to do in parts of my area now that the sheriffs dept. have been using Impala's with the 3.8 in them.
Some of the cops in my area have the LT1 Z28 Camaros.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.