Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah where there is cross chrome connecting the spokes twards the middle, that kinda steps across the line for me :-/

In my opinion i like 5 spoke rims that taper out and get bigger twards the outer edge, But overall I think the actual rim SIZE is perfect for the g6, dunno about the tire size though... looks too small

·
Banned
44 Posts
I really think 18's are big enough. I've admittingly never understood 20 inch rims on a car. SUV maybe...but on a car they seem too much. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like the look of a 20 on a car. Chargers and 300c on 24's now that is hot. If I could fit a bigger rim on the g6 and it look right I would. But different styles for different people. the 18 is smarter if you are worried about the ride quality. I for 1 am not.

·
Banned
44 Posts
I guess I'd be worried more about long term wear on my suspension. Have you guys ever picked up a 20 inch wheel on up? The things are HEAVY. When going over bumps and such you're loading that suspension with the weight of the wheel.

Also, quite a bit of the time you end up having to use spacers and offsets to mount such a wheel. A universal fit wheel is terrible for your car.

I know these things aren't hot rods, but you do give up acceleration and gas mileage going to a wheel like this as well. More circumference and more weight = less acceleration and less gas mileage.

You should also have your speedometer recalibrated for the new diameter in tire size as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the looks a lot. My next car will be a Saturn Aura when it arrives...cousin to the G6. My fiancee has the G6 in the household and I have 2 Saturns. Will be a Saturn owner for a long time.

The aura will come with 19" Chrome from the factory.

A quote from Motor Trend or Automobile Magazine (don't remember which):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This stylish sedan, which shows the future of the Saturn L-Series, rides on nineteen-inch wheels, features a panoramic roof, and uses Cadillac's excellent 250-hp 3.6-liter V-6 with variable valve timing, as well as a six-speed automatic transmission. What this car shows is that Saturn and General Motors are finally making an effort to gain global recognition as GM's loyal customers are disappearing faster than Yankees fans after a failed season.

Pictures from motor trend:

http://www.motortrend.com/autoshows/coverage/112_05_detas_saturnaura/

Couldn't get the pictures to upload from my computer so here's the link to the page where the pictures are.

PS: SKY is better than Solstice :D :p :cool: :icon_chin

·
Registered
86 Posts
MIG6GTP said:
I guess I'd be worried more about long term wear on my suspension. Have you guys ever picked up a 20 inch wheel on up? The things are HEAVY. When going over bumps and such you're loading that suspension with the weight of the wheel.

Also, quite a bit of the time you end up having to use spacers and offsets to mount such a wheel. A universal fit wheel is terrible for your car.

I know these things aren't hot rods, but you do give up acceleration and gas mileage going to a wheel like this as well. More circumference and more weight = less acceleration and less gas mileage.

You should also have your speedometer recalibrated for the new diameter in tire size as well.
actually larger wheels/tires won't really have much of an impact on your suspension wear. they are considered "unsprung weight" and are not supported by the suspension.

·
Registered
142 Posts
True... but they can take a toll on breaks, tranny and the engine... Especially when you break into the 20's+ and in chrome as well. The added weight is not good for a car, they've even started voiding warrenties on 22's and up on SUV's because of the way it stresses the engine, tranny and brakes!

·
Registered
86 Posts
yeah it is definately a lot more weight to get going off the line. i have a friend with 22s on his Ram and we mounted and balanced them for him and it was quite a project, especially to do without damaging them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts