Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All,

Picked up my G6 last night, snapped a few pics that can be found here.

I got all the options except for the Panoramic sunroof, including a dealer installed scratch :mad: :mad:

Car already has rattles that will be fixed when I take it in for the scratch. Even though I havent had it for very long, I can tell you that it is way ahead of the GA in terms on quality and ride.

-Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Scratch is fixed, and rattles are gone...for now.

So far its got about 850 miles on it. Here's what I like/don't like about it so far :

* As I mentioned before, the ride quality is TONS better than the '01 I had.
* Seats are also a lot more comfortable, having them heated is nice, too.
* The longer wheelbase really makes the interior very roomy, and its also wider up front.
* The 17" rims. BTW, it still a plastic cover :mad:

Dislikes
--------
* Acceleration is adequate, but this car should have had AT LEAST 220hp from the factory - no questions asked. Torque steer is very evident, as it was in the GA. Don't get me wrong, the car will still get up and go, but I thought the acceleration would be a little better.
* Steering isn't as responsive and feels strange. Electric assist steering is used in this as opposed to hydraulic.
* UNPAINTED MIRRORS! GET WITH IT GM...THIS IS 2005 AND THIS IS A $27,000 CAR!! IS IT REALLY THAT MUCH MORE $$ TO PAINT THE MIRRORS?! :confused: Black plastic mirrors just don't cut it in my book.
* H11 bulbs for lows, H9's for highs. Hardly anyone makes a DECENT bulb to replace these. No Silverstars yet in this size. There are lots of "plasma" junk bulbs out there in this size however..go figure.

Verdict
--------
I'm more impressed overall with this car than I thought I would be. Hopefully the rattles stay away for a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts