Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago my wife left the key on in our G6 and the battery went dead overnight. I hooked up some jumper cables but couldn't get the car to turn over at all even after being hooked up for 5-10 minutes. I hooked the battery up to a charger and got it charged back up but still no luck. I decided to take the battery out and try a different battery all together that I knew was in good working order but the car still won't turn over at all.

A friend said it may have some sort of security feature that could've been tripped and will need reset, could that be the problem? Whenever I turn the key on all the dash lights and radio light up like normal (no security light stays on or anything like that). Then when I go ahead and try to start the car all lights go out completely and the gauges cycle back and fourth (example: speedo goes from 0 to 140 and back over and over). And help would be greatly appreciated....thanks

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Wow! I haven't heard of that, good luck.
If you don't get a helpful reply soon you might try calling a local repair shop, they might have some insight to share.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had nearly the same problem yesterday and have detailed the event on a new thread "2009 G6 won't start EITHER...."

I have found a number of other owners with similar problems on prelim research here and on the web. Not many answers. Have you learned anything new?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts