Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i get in my car to go to the park and notice the time is wrong and is jumping around then settling on 12:00. I get to a light and set the correct time. Didn't notice time changing again so dismissed it at the time. I park and return to my car about 45 minutes later put the key in the ignition and nothing. No radio, no nothing. Completely dead. Now I'm thinking that issue with the clock earlier was an early indication of something going wrong. The keyless remote and trunk pop don't even work. I talking dead as a door nail. The battery was replaced about 6 months ago. First thing I'm thinking is alternator. Pretty sure it's the original alternator. I had the car towed and am awaiting diagnosis. Anyone else have this problem ?

2005 G6 GT with about 142k on her

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well of course if the car is electrically "dead" that the key fob will not operate anything (trunk,locks) that they get power to operate from vehicle power! Has any electrical modifications(radio, amp) been done since the battery change 6 months ago? Did you check cable connections to the battery?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts