Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.4 2006 G6 that when idling run for about 5 or 6 mins stutters then runs then stutters again and then dies! I have replaced the Cam, crank, VVT s, throttle body sensors and the fuel pump relay and verified the pump works fine, NOTHING HELPS! anyone got an idea, I!m going broke! thanks!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
You didn't mention if it was throwing any codes...
What about the fuel filter... was it in the system when you checked the Fuel pump? Did you test the pump for Flow and Pressure? Also Flow @ rated Pressure?
Could the catalytic converter be plugged? With your hand on the tail pipe while idling seem putt putty? With your hand on it the whole time as it dies, still exactly the same putt putty? In other words does the putt putty go away but flow out of the pipe continue but smooth out as it begins to die?
Is the oxygen sensor good / new? Not sure if there are one or two in the system. If it/they have not been changed in some years, change them, they are not that expensive and control much of how the engine runs.
Please continue sharing your findings!
Just Sayin'

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could also be the transmission control module, may just need it reprogrammed, mine stutters too but not that severe yet, i also use a transmission fix additive that occasionally helps ease the stalls shudders, id also check for any trans fluid leaks, which is tough, i have the same car and still cant find the damn check valve for the transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts