Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some accelerating issues with my daughters 06' 4 banger. I replaced the upstream O2 sensor and the Mass Air Flow Sensor, based on the CEL codes and the car just won't Go?!? It does, like, 25mph Max? Anyone with Some Positive Feedback, other that taking it to a "Dealership", Your In Site and Experience would be GREATLY Appreciated!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Pull the codes again and post what you get. It could be something Throttle Body related, or Gas pedal related. It seems to usually be the Throttle Body more of the time when issues like this come up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks To All Who Have Replied With Info..... The CEL codes that came up were:

1) For the upstream O2 sensor, which I have replaced.

2) For the MAF sensor, which I have also replaced.

3) P0300, which is a random misfire code.

I cleared the codes after replacing the sensors and they haven't come back up, save for the P0300 code, that has come back on as the motor gags to a halt.

What the engine is specifically doing, is.... when you start the car, it runs and idles with only a slight hesitation, but when you give it some juice, it gags and seems as though it's not getting enough fuel. IDK?

I removed the throttle body and cleaned it up, checked the plugs and the coil packs, checked the wiring for any shorts, made sure the fuel pump was feeding fuel to the injection rail.

But, I'm beginning to agree with the poster who said, the cat converter may be stopped up.

How would I go about checking that? ...... Anybody???

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Thanks To All Who Have Replied With Info..... The CEL codes that came up were:

1) For the upstream O2 sensor, which I have replaced.

2) For the MAF sensor, which I have also replaced.

3) P0300, which is a random misfire code.

I cleared the codes after replacing the sensors and they haven't come back up, save for the P0300 code, that has come back on as the motor gags to a halt.

What the engine is specifically doing, is.... when you start the car, it runs and idles with only a slight hesitation, but when you give it some juice, it gags and seems as though it's not getting enough fuel. IDK?

I removed the throttle body and cleaned it up, checked the plugs and the coil packs, checked the wiring for any shorts, made sure the fuel pump was feeding fuel to the injection rail.

But, I'm beginning to agree with the poster who said, the cat converter may be stopped up.

How would I go about checking that? ...... Anybody???
An exhaust back pressure test would be definitive of a clogged cat. I'm sure you can find it on youtube.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts